Monday, November 21, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Words cannot describe how excited I am to post about this bread right now. This is the bread that my mom always used to make when we were growing up. To think I used to not even like pumpkin bread is outrageous. Now, I love it. I almost want to get up from my comfy spot just to go get some. Yummm
With just days until Thanksgiving, I realized I hadn't even made pumpkin bread yet, and I'm pretty sure that by this time last year I had made a good 5 or so batches. I decided to make two batches in one to make up for some lost time :). The good news about this bread is that you don't even need a mixer. Just a sifter or superfine strainer. Andddd to the recipe..


Pumpkin Bread
1  3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup pumpkin pie mix
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1/3 cup water


Set oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, Whisk together the vanilla, oil, eggs, water, and pumpkin pie mix. It's really important to get the pumpkin pie mix rather than the puree. It will look like this...
With a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stop mixing just as the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. 
For mini muffins: Line a mini muffin tray with foil liners. Fill each 3/4 full
Bake for 10-12 minutes. 
Love these little guys...

For bread: Spray a 7x11 pan with non-stick spray and pour in the batter. Bake for about 22-25 minutes or until a knife/toothpick is pulled out clean from the center. 
See, I did actually make bread! No lying this time. The delicious flavors of cinnamon and pumpkin make for a deliciously moist bread. Since I miraculously made this post BEFORE Thanksgiving, maybe someone will actually make it for their Thanksgiving dinner. That would be nice... 
Anyway, I think my office is really starting to like my obsession with baking. 
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment