Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcake Bites


Oh my goodness I have an obsession with cupcake bites. Like, a serious obsession. Easily my favorite dessert now, and I just love making them. There are so many options when it comes to flavors and decorations. Not to mention their adorable size... who wouldn't want to eat one is the real question... 

I've put together several different combinations for cupcake bites and here's another one. I made some cupcakes with this batter also and used a milk chocolate frosting. I threw in some Twix candies to the batter and they were quite good. Unfortunately because of all the sugar in the candy, some of the pieces got stuck to the wrapper after baking... Clearly the cupcake bites were better. The chocolate cheesecake comes from a chocolate cupcake and a cream cheese frosting, covered in both milk and white chocolate. Yummmm


Chocolate Cupcakes
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup minus 2 Tbsp cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time followed by the vanilla. In a separate bowl, combined the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix in half of the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture followed by half of the milk. Repeat until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated. Pour into a greased 13x9 inch pan and bake for 20-22 minutes.


You can find my favorite cream cheese frosting here.


Now you have your two flavors and can follow Martha Stewart's method for cupcake pops! I've said this before, but I'll say it again, one day I'm going to dedicate a blog post for making cupcake bites my way. Hopefully I can find the time while working full-time!


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment