Friday, October 28, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Strudel Muffins

I said muffins were easy, didn't I? Yes, another muffin! Another apple muffin too. This is because I bought one of those big bags of apples from giant and I needed to use them, hence, awesome apple muffins. Ever since I made the Apple Almond Muffins where I weirdly decided to peel the apples rather then grate them (since I didn't have a good one) or chop them (because that's boring) I've been obsessed with the idea.


Every Friday morning, the office gets breakfast. Usually the awesome other female (because yes, there's only 2 of us) brings in the breakfast. This week I decided I wanted to make breakfast instead. Being in an office of all men, they'll eat pretty much anything. It's awesome. There's just over 20, so making 2 dozen muffins is literally perfect, they were all gone in an hour. Ironically enough I was told to open a bakery in the area because I'd make a lot of money... please stop trying to convince me to quit my stable engineering job. It would be greatly appreciated. Point being they went over well, and I will definitely be taking full advantage of this situation. Here's the recipe...

Apple Cinnamon Strudel Muffins
Makes 24 muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups peeled apples

For the strudel:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar, and eggs. Mix in vanilla, followed by the apples. In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the large bowl.
For the strudel: In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Use a food processor, magic bullet, or fork to cut in the butter to the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Sprinkle the strudel evenly on top of the muffins.
Place the tins in the oven for about 18-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the muffin to test. If it comes out clean the muffins are finished, if not, return to the oven for 2 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean.

Serve and Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment