Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cookie Cake!


Originally I wasn't going to blog about this since I didn't do too much to the recipe, but a few people asked me how I made it and it was so delicious that it's definitely worth an entry. I got back from work just before 6:30, baked this cookie cake, decorated it, and was out the door by 7:30. I can't believe how quickly it came together and it just goes to show how easy it was. Not to mention it was absolutely the best cookie cake I've made. I will never go back to my old recipe ever again. 
Super Large Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake 
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
8 oz. chocolate chips (or more :) )

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In the base of a stand mixer, beat the melted butter and sugars together. Add in the eggs once the butter has cooled, followed by the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form out the dough into a circular shape. Of course this can also be rolled out into any shape. You want the dough to be about 1/2" thick as seen below
Place in the oven for about 18-20 minutes. The cookie will puff up in the oven, just as it starts settling is when you'd want to take it out. The cookie will continue to bake for a little while after being taken out of the oven. 
Let it cool completely if possible. Once cool, use a sharp knife to cut off the edges. This is when you can get creative and cut it into any shape. You'll want an even edge for a nice appearance. 

Decorate as desired! I used ready-made chocolate frosting since it was really easy. I placed it into a plastic bag, cut off the tip, and piped a boarder as well as writing "Happy Birthday". It went over really well and was super delicious. I still can't believe how thick and delicious it was :)
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment