Sunday, March 31, 2013

White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Easter Cookies

I will never get better at blogging. It's just not going to happen, I've already accepted that fact. Baking is the easy part. It's the taking (good) pictures, experimenting with different ingredients, and actually sitting down to write about it that's the difficult part. Let's be serious, the only reason anyone ever looks at food blogs is because of the pictures. I'm so guilty of it. Sometimes during lunch at work I will browse food blogs looking for the next thing I want to bake, then drool about how amazing everything looks for the next 4+ hours of my day.



Today is Easter. My favorite Holiday of the year. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is awesome, everyone gives and receives gifts, but did you know Jesus' Birthday isn't even in December? There's a lot of people who don't. Easter really means something and symbolizes so much, so I decided today I would take the time and finally blog about something. 

Chocolate cookies made with white chocolate chips, sprinkled with mini egg sprinkles, oh and there's avocado in the batter. Yep, that's right, avocado. I know it sounds crazy, but I've been wanting to try it for a while. You replace the butter in a recipe with avocado, and adjust accordingly. Since you're not using butter, the cookies won't really spread. Avocado doesn't melt like butter, margarine or shortening, so it's important to take the time to flatten the cookies and shape them, or else they will literally look like poo. (That's not a joke)

White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Easter Cookies
1 Medium Avocado (Just under 3/4 c. mashed)
1 tsp. canola oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar 
3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
3/4 cup flour   
White chocolate chips
Easter sprinkles of your choice 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl (or food processor) mash up the avocado to remove all of the large chunks. Stir in oil.


Mix in the sugar and vanilla until all ingredients are combined. Stir in the vinegar and baking soda. Lastly stir in the flour and cocoa powder until all ingredients are fully incorporated and there are no chunks. I used about 3/4 cups of white chocolate chips and mixed in sprinkles to the batter as well.

 Using a spoon, spoon small 1 tablespoon cookies onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently flatten the tops of the cookies and sprinkle some more sprinkles on top. My personal favorite were these cute pastel eggs. I own sprinkles for every holiday thanks to my mother. I also have cupcake liners for just about every holiday, life event. She knows me really well, what can I say!
 Place in the preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes. It will depend how large your cookies are. Cookies are done when tops are firm to touch. Let them cool on the tray for at least 5-10 minutes. Or you can just eat it when its pipping hot like I always like to do.

See they look pretty identical to when they went in the oven. You would literally never know there was avocado in the batter. Would it taste even better with butter? Maybe, but these are pretty great!


Yummm

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment