Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Irene cookie dough

Yes, Irene, I'm naming my cookie dough after you. Why? Because you are the reason I have now been out of power for 3 days. Also not expected to come back on anytime soon due to this awesome tree...
Oh yea, complete destruction. Anyway, I'm stressed out of my mind with no power, making it nearly impossible to look for apartments. Why Irene, why. Anyway, my stress makes me want to bake. But oh right, i can't use my oven, or my stand mixer. Ugh, issues. I'm sitting here thinking to myself, do i really want to bake? Or do I really just want cookie dough. Both are highly likely, but the first choice is a no-go. So yup, for dessert I want cookie dough. The trick is that I have a gas stove and was able to melt butter on top, maybe a candle would work otherwise? Hmmm...
This miniature recipe make 4 nice sized balls of cookie dough. Share with 3 friends or family members, or save it for yourself.


Irene Cookie Dough
4 Tbsp + 1 tsp flour, whole wheat, white, whatever you have
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
1 Tbsp white sugar
1.5 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp water
1/4 tsp vanilla
Dash of salt

2tbsp of your favorite mix-in, obviously mine was crushed M&Ms


Melt butter over the stove. Once slightly cooled whisk in the sugars and the vanilla. Whisk in the water. Finally, mix in the flour and salt  followed by your mix in. My butter was still on the warm side so it ended up melting some of the chocolate from the M&Ms... awesome.
Classic taking picture of my makeshift baking during a blackout. Oh and blogging from my phone! Just started day 4. Seriously hope it comes back soon...


Enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment