Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Wedges

So today I decided to go a little different with my baking. With no need for hordes of cupcakes, and in a desperate attempt to use my brand new fantastically-amazing Kitchen Aid stand mixer.. (Yes, I'm obsessed) I decided to make more of a healthy snack bar. With the addition of protein powder, it's a perfectly healthy snack made from delicious ingredients, I mean, chocolate and peanut butter, it's no secret how I feel about these ingredients. This makes a small batch - only about 6 cute wedges. It can easily be doubled and you can use a bigger pan!



The peanut butter drizzle was the perfect touch :)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Wedges
1 cup Rolled Oats
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I use Gold Standard Extreme Milk Chocolate
1/8 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
6 Tbsp Peanut Butter (Melted)
1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (such as Dannon Oikos)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 Tbsp agave syrup
Extra peanut butter for drizzle

In a large bowl mix together the oats, protein powder, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. After the peanut butter is melted, pour it into the dry ingredients and mix on low.


Next, mix in the Greek yogurt followed by the vanilla extract. Lastly is the agave syrup. Honey can be used in place of this if desired. You can add more or less depending on how sweet you want the wedges to be. The dough will be firm and should be sticky. If needed, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Spray a 6" circular pan well and then press the dough into the pan. It will look something like this...

Finally, cook it in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. 

Would you be shocked if I said that each wedge has less than 170 calories? What if I said it has 7 grams of fiber? More importantly, it has 10 grams of protein. For this yummy tasting treat?! Yes, I'm pretty impressed with myself for this one, I'll still call it a work in progress though.

Ditch the chocolatey peanut butter candy bar and make some of these! 
It's like a slice of dessert pizza...



Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment