Monday, July 25, 2011

Extra Cupcakes? No Problem!

Have you ever had a barbecue where someone brought those not-so-great store bought cupcakes? Or maybe the cupcakes were in the backseat of a car when the driver stopped short, sending the cupcakes on their side and the frosting all over the container...


(Proof that peanut butter and chocolate solve everything)

If you have either peanut butter, Nutella, or some extra frosting in your house (and of course melting chocolate), there's an easy solution. Cupcake bites, obviously. The new story of my life and obsession. 


Andrew had half a box of cupcakes at his apartment. These poor cupcakes were a week old and yes, they were victim to a car stopping short. Looking at them made me sad. I unwrapped each of the cupcakes, threw them into a bowl and had at them with a fork. The great part is that you can literally just combine everything since both the cake and icing is needed. Since the frosting was smeared along the inside of the container seen above, the consistency wasn't quite right. I added about a tablespoon of peanut butter and yup, it was perfect. Oh how I wish he kept nutella at his apartment, they would have been even more heavenly. 



I combined everything in a large bowl and placed it in the refrigerator for about a half hour. Afterward, I removed them from the refrigerator, rolled them into little balls (from 3 cupcakes I was able to make 14 little bites!) and then placed them in the freezer for 5 minutes while I melted the chocolate.


Some of the frosting had sprinkles on it, so you can see in the picture above that there are sprinkles in some of the balls. I dropped each ball in the melted chocolate with a spoon, coated evenly, and dropped onto saran wrap since he had no parchment paper. There was some more chocolate so I went back over and drizzled the extra, as if it didn't have enough on it before.


These went from old, store-bought, car wrecked cupcakes to a perfectly delicious dessert. You're welcome boyfriend :)

Go save some cupcakes... 


No comments:

Post a Comment