Sunday, February 12, 2012

Snickerdoodles

I started writing this post on Christmas day. It's now February 12th and I still haven't posted it. Talk about getting behind in my blogging. I'm not going to try and rewrite this as if I'm writing it today, so bare with me. I can't believe it's been so long. I guess the eggnog is a little out-dated, but delicious cookies to say the least!
__________________________________________________
I've been obsessed with the thought of eggnog lately. Not like I can have a glass considering my lactose intolerance. But I know how much it screams winter and Christmas and of course I've been trying to put together more recipes for winter. In case eggnog isn't in season (ironically when I wrote this, it was, but now it's not!), it can easily be substituted for milk. 
Eggnog Snickerdoodles
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup eggnog
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon for coating


Cream together the butter and sugar with a mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Beat the flour mixture with the butter mixture. Slowly add in the eggnog one tablespoon at a time until the batter is uniform. Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Just before removing from the refrigerator, mix the 1/4 cup sugar and tablespoon of cinnamon in a small bowl. Drop tablespoons of batter into the cinnamon sugar, coat evenly and then place on the baking sheet. 
Gently pat down each cookie. Since the batter is more cake-like, it holds its shape so be sure to pat them down. Place in the oven for 9 to 11 minutes.
My beautiful little Maxi enjoyed baking with me while I was home :)

The eggnog just seems to emphasize the holiday feel of these cookies. I seriously love it. Eat and of course,
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment